Did you know that there is such a thing as a “pizookie”? There is!
Some memories are unforgettable, remaining ever vivid and heartwarming! Joseph B. Wirthlin
A form of a pizza and a cookie, this has become one of our family’s favorites! And if you keep reading, you will soon know what a pizookie is! Walker and Jess treated us to this twice on our recent beach vacation.
Attending college 7,000 miles from home and 25 minutes west of Chicago, Walker’s school encouraged community in many ways. Walker and his buds made and indulged in pizookies on a regular basis and Walker is convinced the process improves community. This can happen with your family and friends, too!
One of my favorite verses in the Bible is from Proverbs 17:22: “Laughter is good medicine.” Did you know? A good hearty laugh can relieve physical tension and stress, leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes. Laughter can boost the immune system and decrease stress hormones, too. I know all of this from personal experience. (smile)
In addition, Georgia writer, speaker, Lauretta Hannon shared in her recent, debut Huffington Post article, “The Wrong Kind of Rebel: a story of threat, laughter, and entombment in a Chevy pick-up” that the average four-year-old laughs 300 times each day. Hannon claims that the little tyke has nothing on her and that her constant laughter has led to freedom in her journey, her long and winding road.
Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious. Ruth Reichl
Following you will read the five steps to a Pizookie and once you’ve experienced this, you will NEVER look back!
(1) Purchase a carton of vanilla ice cream and one roll of your favorite cookie dough per 2-3 people. Our fave is chocolate chip.
(2) On a clean cookie sheet, cut dough package and squeeze all that goodness onto your pan. Bake approximately 1/2 the time as directed on package.
A cheerful disposition is good for your health; gloom and doom leave you bone-tired. Proverbs 17:22, The Message
(3) Prepare kitchen or dining table with a clean towel and spoons for all.
(4) Set hot cookie sheet, straight out of the oven on towel on your table. Let it cool for…oh that is long enough. Be sure littles are protected from the heat.Plop ice cream all over the 1/2 baked dough.
(5) ENJOY! You will not have to call your friends and family in! Everyone digs in with their own spoon. Background music is a nice addition if you don’t want to hear only moans of happiness and cheers.
I hope you will let us know in the comments following this blog post or on Facebook how pizookie time goes with your own peeps.
Share pictures, too!
Past Posts YOU May Have Missed: